Saturday, 1 May 2010

On Losing a Moggy




Milly.

There is a fluffy black cat shaped hole in the universe where you used to be.

But I see you everywhere. Out of the corner of my eye, I see you mousing on the wall. I catch a glimpse of you in the hedge when I walk up the garden, and you give me that contented girl-cat look you always give me that says 'hey, I'm a cat and I love it.'

I opened my window wide last night and expected you to jump in, just like you always do. But you didn't. And you won't, will you? Because I didn't bury a dead cat that that just happened to look like you. It was you, and it hurts.

There is a fluffy black cat shaped hole in the universe where you used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...