Friday, 18 June 2010

Phoenix Rising

I decided I couldn't let today pass. I couldn't let the day my divorce saga has ended, go by without marking the occasion. Admittedly, sitting here at my desk is somewhat less stylish than the day I got married, but never mind.

I met a woman some years ago. Actually, I sold my car to her, although I'm sure she's over that now. She agreed to buy it without even taking it for a spin, which was lucky for me. We shook hands and I asked for her name to fill out the paperwork.

"Angela Phoenix." She had the grace to blush.
"Phoenix?" My pointy eyebrows arched skyward. "That's an unusual name."
"I chose it after I got divorced," she said. "Because that's how I felt, like a phoenix rising."

I thought she was a bit weird, and left as quickly as I could. Now I know exactly what she meant. But 'Sam Phoenix' sounds like it comes from the 'Pat Butcher' school of names, so perhaps we won't go there.

A phoenix rises. At last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...