Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Green Shoots















I am running the risk of having to re-name 'Tales' as 'Agriculture Watch', but these pictures are from the field of chocolate furrows I wrote about only a couple of weeks ago.

No rest for Mother Nature, a cosmos of tiny green shoots now covers the ground.

These pictures were taken last week. This week we've had so much rain, part of the field and footpath have been submerged. The dog-of-small-brain and I have to pick our way through the sludgy soil, trampling delicate green shoots underfoot. Here the dog has the advantage; his tread upon the earth is so much lighter than mine (in so many ways.) He tiptoes through the plants, I squash them as I squelch and sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...