Monday, 24 January 2011

Catching up...

Yesterday was a rough ride in our house, and I didn't have time to breathe, let alone blog, so here's stone #20, inspired by my 'lovely' day...

The screaming fades, the shouting becomes distant until all I can hear is a vague noise, and the whoosh-whoosh of my heart - as if I needed reminding I’m still alive.

The youngest member of the 'Tales' household is also the main source of the madness, having both feet firmly planted deep within the autistic spectrum. I had to change our plans for yesterday (horror of horrors), so thus had to endure a day-long ear-bashing as punishment.

One of my few successes of recent months has been to acquire a pair of ear-defenders for Tales-the-youngest, who has issues around sensitive hearing - sensitive, apart from (obviously) whenever I'm asking him to do anything. He loves wearing them, and the barrage of curious stares they attract are far preferable to the daggers-looks his bad behaviours usually attract. So in the mid of his scream-fest, I retrieved them from his schoolbag and popped them on. I didn't get away with this ruse for long, but it was worth it!

And here's today's...

Stone #21
Dainty pink stems sashay forth and scorn the season, unfurling their parasol leaves; at least, I think it’s a bit early for rhubarb.

3 comments:

  1. What deliciously descriptive words! Both the stones and the sharing of your life. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I think you must have been having your 'do' round about the same time as my blood pressure went sky high, courtesy of our youngest too. :O) There must have been something in the air!

    I love your stone about the rhubarb. As well as enjoying rhubarb crumble, I think it's a beautiful plant. Your stone reflects that.... not the crumble bit. :D

    Hope today goes better for you..... and for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emm, thank you too x My life sounds better in words...

    Eliza, yes I think younger children everywhere must have declared it 'international be horrible week', for that appears to be the way it's panning out here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...