Saturday, 15 January 2011

Stone #12

The jetfighter wind roars across the sky.

This isn't what I was going to write about today, but I've just returned from a long tramp across squelchy, slippery fields with the-dog-of-small-brain, who, for the umpteenth day running, has had to bear the canine indignity of yet another bath to wash off all the mud. It's wild outside today; what a joy to take off my hat and let the wind whip my hair, and the rain splatter my un-made-up face. Plastered in mud, and with waterproofs swishing, I could have walked for miles further, had it not gone dark.

The sound of the wind blowing was so impressive, I don't think this little stone does it justice; it was louder than the Eurofighters yesterday, who thundered through my peace on a training flight. I was sorry to arrive back in the quiet of home. But not as sorry as one small, but no longer muddy, dog!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like he needs waterproofs to prevent any more horrible baths. :D It really was windy today... it sounded impressive whistling down our chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a coat, Eliza, but the kids said I was embarrassing him by making him wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam. I like your small(ish) stones very much. I can hear that wind, although it isn't at all windy here. Thanks for commenting on my small stones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam, I would have enjoyed that tromp with you - I was outside today in my snow, but no wind. Poor little dog - you're giving him complex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean dog....the better to snuggle with, my dear......
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, Sam! I love walking out in the wind too. Been cooped up for a couple of days and this inspired me to head out in the morning no matter the weather. Lovely stones, 7 and 8 I especially love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice small stone. I like the image of the wind roaring across the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, that is one thing good thing about having a dog - I might not want to go out, but I do enjoy it when I get out there!

    Barb, Bob my dog really isn't very bright, bless him!

    Thank you for all your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love everything about this post--stone and commentary both. (As for doggie baths, I always try to remind my girls how much more petting and how many more loving snuffles they get from me when they're clean! Also, when you talk about your dog-of-small-brain, all I can think about is Pooh-Bear. Which is a very good thing, if you're me. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...