Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Half Term Blues...

As chief entertainments officer for the duration of the half term holiday, I haven't managed to write a thing all week between refereeing fights, fetching snacks, and organising trips out. I tried, really tried yesterday, but my darling offspring work from the point of view that if Mum's got time to sit on her bum and type, they must devise ever more ingenious ways of being demanding. As we say 'chez Tales', it's not seeming to be demanding, it's being demanding which gets results. Normal service on the blog-front will have to wait until next week.

But I just had to apply ear plugs, and pop in just to let you know that after all my pontificating over the moral niceties of the 'Appy Feet' fish-pedicure shop in Manchester's lovely Trafford Centre, it has now closed. I asked elder son if he thought I had exerted some small influence, and he gave me that pitying look he does so well. I bet you'll all feel so much better for knowing it's closed,(!) and I suspect it was only open for Christmas. But I can't help but wonder, what has happened to the fish?

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that Appy Feet has closed, I agree with you about the uncertain morals around a shop like that. on the other hand I once sat in a rockpool by Lake Malawi and the fish came round and chewed my toes and it was very enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, after I'd written the original post, and was feeling all righteous and uppity, the husband-known-as-x pointed out the boys had their feet nibbled by small fish last time he took them on holiday....and I thought it was all down to me that smallest boy's verucca had magically disappeared! Shouldn't knock it until you try it, I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...