Sunday, 6 March 2011

Trying Times...

Breathe in, and breathe out. The only thing in the universe which truly matters is the next 'in' breath.

I've written this down to remind myself to keep breathing, to drop those tense shoulders and take a long, calm deep breath in, and out. I've got to take a few days away from my desk, and go wading off into stormy seas. I meant to write a little 'flash' story to post here to last the next few days, or at the very least, an insightful stone. But I'm so jittery about the magnitude of the storm's swell, I can't write a word. I can't sit still for flitting round from one must-do task to another. I'm snappy and jumpy, and yet who know what the next days will bring? All anyone truly has is this moment in time, this breath. So to borrow a lyric from Shirley Manson and Garbage, 'The trick is to keep breathing'.

I will be back....

5 comments:

  1. I hope the break from your desk includes many deep breaths of fresh air and fills you with inspiration. Whatever storms you must weather I hope after your break you'll feel great.
    Hugs
    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! Hang in there, and we will rejoice when you return. :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. well good luck in weathering the storm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the matter, Sam? You have this blog as a forum for whatever worries you. Hope the burdens are not too great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam--I've been absent in blogland for a little while, and am just seeing this now. Whatever's going on, I hope it's feeling a little less heavy and hard at this point. I'm thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...