Thursday, 7 April 2011

Blogs to visit

If you haven't clicked on any of the links I've listed down the side of this page before, and you've a bit of time spare, can I recommend you pop over to visit The Heartful Blogger? I met her online through the 'River of Stones' project. Not only has she got the coolest named blog I've discovered, she writes regularly, and she's just had a number of brilliant stories published. If you pop over right now, and click on her link to a new literary journal 'State of Imagination', you can read a fantastic story in which a woman literally turns into a pigeon in front of her family. It is superbly written, and very clever.

I also love Kat Wright's blog 'Wright Story'. Despite suffering ill-health, she creates the most beautiful pictures and ideas. I'm going to be taking part in a project she is organising which involves being set ten or twenty minute challenges to get those creative juices flowing. Although it begins next week, unfortunately for me right in the middle of the school holidays, I'm looking forward to having a reason to dust off my paintbrushes. If you follow the link, Kat explains the project so much better than me, and who knows; you might decide to sign up too! It sounds as though it's going to be very inspiring.

...and now I'm off to sit through an assembly school have organised to say 'goodbye' to both son-the-younger and his teaching assistant. I'm going prepared with many tissues. Sniff, eyes watering already...

2 comments:

  1. Kind of you to spread the word about blogs you enjoy and find inspiring. Hope that assembly wasn't too rough on you, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, and hope the assembly went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...