Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Look!!!



...this just wasn't what I was going to write about today, but as usual, I've run out of time, Tuesdays always being phenomenally busy down here in 'Tales'. I was just making a quick cup of tea when I noticed this in the kitchen. I just had to take a picture, and shout "Hey, look! My baby has flowered!!!" I can do this online you see, because no matter how hard your eyes are rolling, I can't see you. If you mutter "ohmigod you are so sad" in the style of Harry Enfield's 'Kevin the teenager', as is son-the elder's default style these days, I can't hear you. And if you leave a message to that affect, I'll probably assume you're being witty in a way I haven't understood.

But just look at my baby!!

I love orchids, but they are so expensive, and often haven't been properly cared for, the flowers forced in the name of a quick and lucrative sell. I got this little plant for a pound, after it had been knocked over, and come adrift from its pot. The garden centre could have repotted it, but instead, it was sat languishing on a bargain table of damaged plants until yours truly swooped and ran to the till, cackling with delight, under the glare of a bevy of disapproving looks.

And just look at it! Not only is it a gorgeous colour, but the centre of the flower, and I hope you can make this out in the picture, resembles a bird of prey swooping down for the kill. It's so beautiful, yet it was so close to being discarded as rubbish. I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere, if only I had the time to look!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! And I'm not rolling my eyes as I say it. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I love this time of year with all the flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Can you move in with and help nurture mine? I only have 2 but never know if I'm treating them in a way that they like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right Shelli, it is a gorgeous time of year!

    Barb, it's a case of good luck rather than any knowledge on my part!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...