Monday, 8 August 2011

And She's Back!

Hello!!!

Did you miss me? No, be honest, you didn't even notice I'd been gone a while. But I have been missing for a couple of weeks, and not because I've been holidaying.

The truth is I've been increasingly fed-up with 'Tales'. And if it's boring to me, then I don't imagine many of you have been enjoying it either. I started blogging hoping it would be a step towards being recognised as a literary genius. But I'm not, and when I stop to think about it, I don't actually want to be one either. It was all about proving myself to other people, and I think I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for that now.

So what to do? What could I do when even my kids are sick of my endless 'what should I do' musings.

Well for starters, the novel went into a box under my desk some months ago, and since then, I've given serious thought to winding up 'Tales'. But I couldn't bring myself to delete it. I like writing. I like having this little corner of cyber-space, and I've met so many seriously cool and talented people through blogging, many of whom have helped me steer my life away from the ridiculous and misguided decisions I've made in the past. And do you know what? Now I'm not trying to be a literary genius, the novel has slithered back out of its box and I'm just writing a story I'd enjoy reading. And 'Tales'?

Well, instead of feeling useless because this has never, nor was ever likely to become an uber-trendy literary site, I'm settling back down, mug of tea at hand, to write about things I'm really interested in, stuff I've avoided in the past because it didn't fit in with being all writery and pretentious. I may throw in stories here and there as the mood takes me, and I think it's going to be good. But the main thing is I want it to be fun. I just wasn't having fun, and that's why I've not posted in over a fortnight.

So I hope you like the new look. I actually lost the entire afternoon trying to use a photograph I'd taken as the new background. I like to think I'm pretty good with computers, but I couldn't get it to work, no matter what I tried. After literally hours, I gave up completely. But, I'm quite pleased with what the outcome, and I hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...