Tuesday, 9 August 2011

'Graceling' by Kristin Cashore

....Pssst, just tiptoeing back in to say how much I'm enjoying reading 'Graceling' by Kristin Cashore. My kids are away on holiday with their papa, and one of the first things I did after they left, was to pop off down to the library, excited at the prospect of evenings of uninterrupted reading.

'Graceling' is a fantasy story about a woman born with a special skill for killing people. Widely feared, she is forced by her uncle, the king, to work as his thug. But when she stumbles into mystery and intrigue, not to mention a mysterious rival fighter, it all gets very exciting. I haven't finished it yet, but I've had a few late nights unable to put it down.

I popped over to Kristin's blog to see what else she's written. She has a couple more, one a prequel, and the other a sequel yet to be released, but her books are marketed for young adults. So had 'Graceling' been in the correct section of the library, I would never have found it. But even if I am supposedly far too old to enjoy it, I'm hanging on every word. It's a 'recommended read'! Go on, go and have a look at it on Kristin's blog. You know you want to....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, and please, feel free to tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...